This warranty guide is for products under the Spur brand. Epitomical Limited is the parent of the Spur brand and the two names are used interchangeably. Warranty periods and warranty services are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. The warranty period applies from the date of purchase by the first customer and is transferable only between end-users. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Please note that this does not include consumables items such as batteries, memory card, connectors and cables unless specifically listed otherwise. The liability of Epitomical Limited (or its appointed maintenance agent) is limited to the cost of repair and/or replacement of the product under warranty. The warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused (howsoever) by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment. It is invalidated if unauthorized persons carry out any alterations and/or repairs. Also, the warranty is invalidated in the following cases:
Epitomical Limited supports a product purchased from our online store and proof of purchase is required. If the product is purchased in another part of the globe via another channel then Epitomical Limited may attempt a repair. Epitomical Limited cannot guarantee the outcome. To obtain technical assistance or to book a service/repair to your product under warranty, please contact Customer Care. To assist our customer care team, please have your model number, serial number and date of purchase available.
This limited warranty shall apply to the Spur product (the "Product"). Epitomical Limited warrants that the product is at the time of its original purchase free of defects in materials and workmanship ("Limited Warranty").
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
This Limited Warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. This Limited Warranty is given only to the original purchaser of the Product ("Customer"). This Limited Warranty may, however, be transferred to any individual to whom the Product is sold, where Epitomical Limited has consented in writing to the transfer (and Epitomical Limited will not unreasonably refuse consent). It shall neither exclude nor limit
a) any statutory rights of the Customer or b) any of the Customer's rights against the seller/dealer of the Product.
2. This Limited Warranty shall last for twenty-four (24) months from the date of original purchase for mobile devices, and twelve (12) months for accessories (whether included in the mobile device sales package or sold separately) other than the media on which any software is provided, CD-ROM, memory card ("Warranty Period").
Customer shall present the PROOF OF PURCHASE upon claiming this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the countries where the Product is sold. However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey and Epitomical Limited originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries. Moreover, if Product is purchased in places other than those stated above, Epitomical attempts to repair such Product but cannot guarantee the outcome. Warranty service availability and response times may vary from country to country and may also be subject to a registration requirement in the country of purchase.
3. Throughout the Warranty Period Epitomical Limited or its authorized agent will, at their discretion, without charge and subject to Clause 7 repair or replace a defective Product. Repair or replacement may involve the use of functionally equivalent reconditioned unit. Epitomical Limited will return the repaired Product or replaced with another functional equivalent Product to the Customer in good working condition. All replaced faulty parts or components will become the property of Epitomical Limited.
4. This Limited Warranty applies only to the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not apply to any software or other equipment.
5. If Epitomical Limited repairs or replaces the Product, the repaired or replaced Product shall continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original Warranty Period or for three (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
6. Before returning any unit for service, be sure to back up data and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information from the Product. Epitomical Limited is not responsible for the damage to or loss of any programs, data, or removable storage media where you do not back-up your data.
7. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THE DEFECT WAS CAUSED THROUGH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
a) the Product serial number, the accessory date code the IMEI number, water indicator or the warranty seal has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or is illegible; or
b) deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear; or
c) use other than in accordance with the user manual, rough handling, exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal or environmental conditions or a rapid change in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, unauthorized modifications or connections, unauthorized opening or repair, repair by use of unauthorized spare parts, accidents, forces of nature, or other actions beyond the reasonable control of Epitomical Limited (including but not limited to deficiencies in consumable parts) unless the defect was caused directly by defects in materials or workmanship. This Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the Product including but not limited to cracks or scratches on the screen or camera lens; or
d) the defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified; or
e) the defect was caused by a defective function of the cellular network or other system; or
f) the Product software needs to be upgraded due to changes in cellular network parameters; or
g) the defect was caused by the fact that the Product was used with or connected to an accessory not approved or provided by Epitomical Limited or used in other than its intended use and where it can be shown by Epitomical Limited that such defect is not the fault of the Product itself.
8. Your Product may contain country specify elements, including software, If the Product has been re-exported from its original destination country to another country, the Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered to be a defect under this Limited Warranty.
ANY CLAIM UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO YOU NOTIFYING EPITOMICAL LIMITED OR AN EPITOMICAL LIMITED AUTHORIZED SERVICE AGENT OF THE ALLEGED DEFECT WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME OF IT HAVING COME TO YOUR ATTENTION AND IN ANY EVENT NO LATER THAN BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
9. In the event of Product failure, the Customer should take the following actions:
a) Refer to the user manual and/or quick start guide in order to identify and possibly correct the problem.
b) If the problem cannot be resolved by reference to the user manual and/or quick start guide the Customer should then contact the dealer where such Product was purchased or visit your local Spur website, or contact Customer Care online for further information.
c) Before the Customer contacts Spur Customer Care, please ensure the following information is at hand:
Spur will provide the Customer with instructions regarding how and when the defective Product should be returned. Spur may pay costs in connection with both the return of the defective product to us and the repaired Product back to the Customer if the Defective Product is within the Warranty Period and within a covered jurisdiction.
10. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY STATES THE ENTIRE WARRANTY GIVEN BY SPUR TO THE CUSTOMER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPUR BE LIABLE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT THAT THOSE LOSSES OR DAMAGES CAN BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW. IN ALL CASES EPITOMICAL LIMITED AND ITS SUPPLIERS ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANYPROVISION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PRODUCT.
Epitomical Limited does not exclude or limit liability for personal injury or death resulting from its own negligence, for defects in the Product arising out of its or its manufacturer's negligence.
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN COUNTRIES MAY STATE THAT THE MANUFACTURER MAY NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ASPECTS OF ITS LIABILITY TO THE CONSUMER. WHERE THAT IS THE CASE, THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY.
This warranty gives the Customer specific legal rights; the Customer may also have other rights, which may vary from country to country.
This limited warranty does not affect the Customers statutory rights in law specific to the country of purchase, such rights remain protected.
This Limited Warranty will be updated by Epitomical Limited from time to time.
Please visit your local Epitomical Limited website to obtain the latest version of the Limited Warranty for the Product.
For more information and to contact Customer Care, please click here.